Thursday, February 9, 2017

Fix For Sims Not Sitting While Watching TV by Ravynwolvf


You could call this a temporary fix (until Maxis finds time in their busy day making packs to sell to fix it) for the bug where Sims are not sitting on a sofa or chair while watching TV or movies. I'm still not sure what became broken, but I went in and changed the advertising for the sofa, chair, and love seat from 10 to 1000, and it seems vastly improved. The Sims in my own game now use the seating about 95% of the time (occasionally they will still stand for whatever arcane reason they may have).

Unfortunately, because I didn't really fix the problem and instead more or less overpowered it, everyone else's own results may be slightly different; I just can't be sure with all the variables. I've been using it for a couple of days now, visiting different Sim's houses, and it has performed great. But different seating arrangements, Sim traits, emotions, etc, may throw it off. But hopefully you should see a big improvement in how often they decide to bend their knees.

They probably still won't sit down on items like beds, and various other seating items, simply because I didn't change the advertising on EVERYTHING. As it was, there was quite the list of xml files I had to edit to cover all the different channels and movies. And I still I couldn't get them to plant their tuchuses while playing video games using the same approach; not sure if I missed some files or what, but the way they decide to sit seems slightly different there.

There are two files; one JUST fixes the bug while watching TV, and the other JUST fixes the watching of movies that came in Movie Hangout Stuff, for which you'd need that pack. So you would want BOTH if you have Movie Hangout, and just the TV one if you don't.

So what the packages do is override the normal advertising on seating (just while using the TV) and should improve how often Sims choose to sit while watching TV or movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment